Music Theory Help
Below you will find links to helpful music theory websites that will help train your ear, learn how to sightread and more!
- Looking for help with your music theory skills? Visit www.musictheory.net for exercises, ear training, flashcards for note reading and much more!
- Here is another site to help with music theory skills. Visit www.teoria.com for tutorials and exercises for basic skills like note reading all the way to more complex topics like chord structure and form.
- Want to work on your sight reading abilities. Visit the Arizona Choral Educators (ACE) website to practice past High School Regionals sight singing exercises. Here you will find exercises as well as recordings of the actual audition with which you can practice along.
Finding A Private Teacher
Below you will find information about qualified piano and voice teachers in our community. Please remember that when you are searching for a private teacher you need to find the best teacher for you. Different teachers fit the needs of different students. Do not be afraid to ask a teacher for a trial lesson to make sure that it is going to be a good fit for you and your musical goals. If you feel like a specific private teacher is not meeting your needs then do not hesitate to keep on looking!
- The National Association of Teachers of Singing: Follow this link to find voice teachers who meet the qualifications of this association. This page allows you to search for a teacher by region.
- Kirsty Nash: Kirsty is a local voice teacher. You can contact her at email@example.com
- Key Box Studio: a local piano studio run by Tiffani Smith who often accompanies our choir concerts: 480-886-8830
- Paul Erickson: voice teacher email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 480-389-5050
- Nancy Brooks: piano teacher that offers scheduling flexibility especially suited for older busy students Phone: 480-454-0494
- Elite Vocal Academy: voice teacher Julie Reed www.EliteVocalAcademy.com phone: 801-523-2017
- Dana Webb: voice teacher (taking new students starting January 2018) email@example.com phone: 480-286-4962