Concert Make-Up Assignment
If you missed the concert and were excused by your teacher due to illness, emergency, or a "once in a lifetime" event that has been approved by your teacher, you must complete the following assignment in order to receive credit for the concert. It is due one week following the concert. If you do not submit this makeup assignment by this date you will receive an ‘F’ for your concert attendance and participation.
- Using the recording device of your choice (phone, tablet, video camera, webcam, etc) record yourself singing your part on each of the songs your choir sang for the concert. You will not have accompaniment, so do your best to choose an appropriate starting note. I will not be grading you on how perfect you perform the music, as this is difficult to do without accompaniment or the other parts. Your grade will be based on completion of the assignment and performance of the songs.
- Please choose only one of the songs from your medley to demonstrate your choreography and record yourself dancing while you sing.
- After you have finished your recording, listen back to your recording and assess your performance by completing the following questions in complete sentences in a Word document.
- Describe your tone quality (the sound of your voice). For example, is it loud? Soft? Strong? Breathy?
- List three things you like about the way your voice sounds.
- List three things you would like to learn to improve your voice.
- Describe your diction (the way you pronounce the words). Can you understand what is being said? Are your vowels tall or shallow? Are your consonants crisp and clear?
- Which do you enjoy more: singing by yourself or with others? List 3 reasons for your choice.
- Email your video and responses to your teacher to receive credit for the concert. Remember your grade is not dependent on how well you sing or dance to the songs, just completing the assignment.